Consider this program to enhance your welding processes and image to your client any time you’re involved in the fabrication or manufacture of structures with steel members eighth inch thick or greater. Firms with five to 5,000 employees can benefit.
Benefits for Manufacturers with Certification to AWS Codes
- Provides a reliable, third-party confirmation of welding capability and staff competence
- Improved client confidence leading to a reduction in external audits
- Assessments carried out by certified quality auditors who are also certified in weld inspection
Benefits for Owners of Structural Steel Bridges and Steel Building Structures
- Expertly-led, independent assessment of suppliers
- In-depth evaluation of fabricator capability
- Consistent assessment and uniform presentation of information and data
Relationship with ISO 9001
AWS code compliance can be accomplished independently or together with ISO 9001. ISO 9001 Quality Management System Requirements contain elements that can be implemented in any organization and support the AWS Codes. An even closer companion certification is ISO 3834-Quality requirements for fusion welding of metallic materials.
What you can do next
Inquie via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 312-285-5344.
Accreditation and DOTQS
DOT Quality Services is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) as a certification body to grant certification to qualified firms who meet the requirements of this program. DOTQS is audited by ANSI annually to assure that the program is administered consistently and is technically correct.
Our auditors are AWS Certified Welding Inspectors, engineers and ASQ Certified Quality Auditors with many years of experience in assuring compliance with the AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code-Steel. This is the most popular and widely used AWS code and is a standard standard requirements for thousands of contracts worldwide for many structures and products beyond steel building structures. DOTQS Leadership has extensive experience in the implementation and design of international certification programs.