The DOTQS Galvanizing Plant Certification Program has been developed to assist galvanizers in their effort to have a comprehensive, fully implemented Quality Management System (QMS). An effective QMS is a key indicator of a galvanizer’s ability to consistently deliver a quality product.
Benefits to Manufacturers with Certification to the DOTQS Galvanizing Plant Certification Program
- Provides an authoritative, third-party confirmation of welding capability and staff competence
- Improves client confidence leading to a reduction in external audits
- Offers quality management assessments carried out by certified quality auditors
- Will create a certification scope that is customizable to the offerings of each client
Steps to Certification
- Provide DOTQS with a list of each galvanizer you’d like certified
- Working with you, DOTQS will create a timeline for introducing your suppliers to the program and through final certification
- Suppliers will be notified about the start of the program and given the timeline in which to comply
- DOTQS will conduct a gap analysis of each supplier’s quality documents and send a detailed report to the supplier
- DOTQS will conduct on-site audits to the Galvanizing Standard and issue nonconformances where appropriate
- Once nonconformance responses have been received, accepted and closed, DOTQS will send the supplier an official certificate
What Codes and Standards?
This standard measures compliance of the galvanizer’s process with a large list of industry standards important for owners and agencies in the utility, transportation and/or infrastructure sector who specify or purchase hot dip galvanizing services. The DOTQS Qualification Standard for Galvanizers outlines a list of the elements that are required.
Some of the most prominent reference standards are:
- ASTM A123 Standard Specification for Zinc (Hot-Dip Galvanized) Coatings on Iron and Steel Products
- ASTM A143/A143M Standard Practice for Safeguarding Against Embrittlement of Hot Dip Galvanized Structural Steel Products and Procedure for Detecting Embrittlement
- ASTM A153/A153M Specification for Zinc Coating (Hot-Dip) on Iron and Steel Hardware
- ASTM A384/A384M Standard Practice for Safeguarding Against Warpage and Distortion During Hot Dip Galvanizing of Steel Assemblies
- ASTM A385 Practice for Providing High Quality Zinc Coatings (Hot-Dip)
What you can do next
Inquire via email at email@example.com or phone at 312-285-5344.
Accreditation and DOTQS
DOT Quality Services is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) as a certification body to grant certification to qualified firms who meet the requirements of this program. DOTQS is audited by ANSI annually to assure that the program is administered consistently and is technically correct.
Our auditors are AWS Certified Welding Inspectors, engineers and ASQ Certified Quality Auditors with many years of experience in assuring compliance with the AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code-Steel. This is the most popular and widely used AWS code and is a standard standard requirements for thousands of contracts worldwide for many structures and products beyond steel building structures. DOTQS Leadership has extensive experience in the implementation and design of international certification programs.